Friday, February 10, 2012

The Prayer of Manessah...King of Judah

The Prayer of Manessah


O LORD Almighty, Thou God of our fathers,
of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, and of their righteous seed,
who hast made heaven and earth, with all the firmament thereof;
who hast bound the sea with the word of Thy commandment;
who hast shut up the deep and sealed it with Thy terrible and glorious Name:
All creatures fear Thee, yea, they do tremble before the presence of Thy power;
for the majesty of Thy glory cannot be borne,
and not to be resisted is the anger of Thy threatening toward sinners;
but Thy merciful promise is unmeasurable and unsearchable.
For Thou art the Lord most High,
of tender compassion, long-suffering, rich in mercy,
and grievest over the evils of men.
Thou, O Lord, according to the multitude of Thy loving-kindness,
hast promised repentance and forgiveness to those who have sinned against Thee,
and in the plenitude of Thy compassions hast appointed repentance unto sinners,
that they may be saved.
Thou, therefore, the Lord God of Hosts,
hast not appointed repentance to the just,
to Abraham, and to Isaac, and to Jacob,
who have not sinned against Thee;
but Thou hast appointed repentance to me a sinner:
for my sins are more in number than the sands of the sea.
My transgressions are multiplied,
O Lord, my transgressions are multiplied,
and I am not worthy to behold
and see the height of heaven
because of the multitude of mine iniquities.  
I am bowed down with many iron bands,
so that I cannot lift up my head by reason of my sins,
neither have I any respite:
for I have prolonged Thy wrath,
and have done that which is evil in Thy sight:
I have not done Thy will, neither have I kept Thy commandments.
Now, therefore, I bow the knees of my heart,
supplicating grace of Thee.
I have sinned, O Lord, I have sinned,
and I acknowledge mine iniquities:
but I humbly be­seech Thee, forgive me, O Lord, forgive me,
and destroy me not together with mine iniquities,
neither preserve Thou Thy divine wrath against my evil deeds for ever;
neither condemn me to the lower parts of the earth.
For Thou, O God, art the God of those who are penitent;
and in me wilt Thou manifest all Thy goodness;
for Thou wilt save me, unworthy though I be,
because of Thy great mercy,
and I will praise Thee henceforth, all the days of my life.
For all the host of heaven doth sing Thy praise,
and Thine is the glory, unto ages of ages. Amen.

No comments: